Monday, November 21, 2011

Wikipedia and Wiki Page

After viewing Wikipedia and looking up the current school I teach at, there was no information specifically on Brummer Elementary.  I searched South Lyon Community Schools and found a list of all the schools in our district; however, there was  not anymore information given on Brummer.  I decided to make a link to Brummer Elementary and add some information so people could find out more about my school.  I added information that I found from our school website.  On the new page, I discussed the mission statement, the neighborhood concept, and who our school was named after.  

On the wiki site, I created a page that would be used for my students to write their book recommendations down during Reading Workshop.  This way, students have a place to go when looking for a good book or telling their classmates about their favorite books.  Also, using a wiki page is a great way to incorporate technology into student learning environment.

Here is the post that I made on Brummer Elementary:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brummer_Elementary

Here is the screenshot of the post I made on Brummer Elementary:
http://screencast.com/t/9e8rPYt4D

Here is the link to my wiki page:
http://www.wikispaces.com/user/my/lnapierala21

Here is the link my Brummer Book Recommendations page:
http://brummerbookrecommendations.wikispaces.com/

2 comments:

  1. The wiki idea is great! Hopefully it grows legs, and you are able to use it with your students...

    I'm glad you took a screen shot of your addition to Wikipedia because the page has now been deleted. Apparently, Wikipedia does not trust you. I get this message:

    This page has been deleted. The deletion and move log for the page are provided below for reference.
    05:32, 22 November 2011 NawlinWiki (talk | contribs) deleted "Brummer Elementary" ‎ (G11: Unambiguous advertising or promotion)

    There are procedures you can follow if you would like it restored, but, for the sake of our class assignment, you have met all the necessary requirements. At this point, you may contact Wikipedia for your own personal interest.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Interesting that the page got deleted. I am glad that I took a screenshot now too.

    ReplyDelete