Monday, October 3, 2011

PC Maintenance and Security

The first tutorial I watched was the typical problems on PC’s.  It was good to be reminded of the different ways that problems can come about on your computer.  For instance, the narrator mentioned Malware, which is malicious software.  Spam is another problem that occurs frequently.  It is important to not open emails that you don’t know where they came from or if they seem suspicious.  Lastly, he talked about intrusions from hackers, which is one of the largest problems today.

Another tutorial I watched was RoboForm.  I had never heard of this before.  It is a web browser tool that can help manage passwords and help me log in with one click.  I learned why RoboForm can be useful.  For instance, if I have a difficult time thinking of a password, this can form a password for me.   

One of the most interesting tutorials I viewed was on using Mozilla Firefox.  The narrator said it is a great default browser and is good for internet security.  I have always used Internet Explorer, but I will definitely switch to Firefox after watching this tutorial.  He said people need Internet Explorer; however, moving to a new browser is a much better option for safety. 

Because I have Gmail, I watched the video on how to delete spam on my email.  This was a great reminder on protection as well.

There were so many great tutorials to choose from!

1 comment:

  1. IE has really been a pain lately. Not showing sites correctly. I have been using Firefox and Google Chrome. Chrome seems to be doing a really good job.

    ReplyDelete