Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Blogging vs. Websites

Welcome to Napierala News!  I hope you enjoy my new blog!

What is the difference between a blog and a website?

 Blogging has been a innovative addition to the world of technology.  It allows for immediate communication from one end of the globe to the other.  Blogging is a great tool for all people to use in order to gain insight into any topic imaginable.  I am able to subscribe via RSS Reader to any blog that I am interested in.  As an educator, I have already subscribed to blogs that give me quick and insightful ways to incorporate technology in the classroom.  If I have questions or I don't understand a post, I can comment on it.  Anyone can respond to my comment and I could end up with an answer within a few minutes. 

A website is useful for finding information too; however, you do not communicate back and forth.  If you don't agree with what the website says, you can't fix what is already there quickly.  Also, when a website is updated, you do not always get a notification that it was updated.   

Using both websites and blogs are a way to gain information on any topic imaginable.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Blog! How long did it take you to construct it, and did you have previous experience with Blogging?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brian! No, I have never blogged before. It did take me a bit longer just because I was playing with formats.

    ReplyDelete